Semmes Hotel was built in 1902 by Albert Rufus Funk, He left Moweaqua, Illinois in 1899. He married Amanda Nixon. They are buried in Semmes Cemetery. This hotel was also call the Funk Hotel. It was located near the train station, the post office and Charles McCrary's store.
"Scrapbook of Memories." Please note. The building no longer exist and is reported to have been destroyed by fire.